Saturday, November 8, 2008

Biking Around: Family Style!

Our family's new obsession is to go cycling with our low resistance street bikes. I'm a bit competitive (shocking, I know) and try to get as far ahead as possible while keeping both lungs intact. Its a great ego booster until I realize that my parents are almost sixty...

Serena and my mom have a crossover Trek bike while my dad and I opted for the Novara Buzz. When I decided to buy a bike of my own, I was very adamant about having disk breaks as I'm sort of a speed junkie and had a little incident with a dog and the asphalt. (Don't worry, the dog is OK but I had a nice raspberry on my knee and elbow)
Here are a few pics...

4 comments:

Jenice Henrie said...

Ouch, that looks painful. Hope you recover soon.

Everyone looks healthy, happy, and THIN. I would buy a bike, but I am afraid that it would sit in the garage with the treadmill. Apparently, everything must be proceded by ambition. Who knew there would be a catch.

Norby Family said...

You make me laugh, I'm sure your parents are very used to your competitive nature, even though they are almost 60. Hey chicken legs!

Suzanne said...

Mmm...sorry about the fall, yeah that happens to me quite a bit. Please tell me you wear a helmet. I saw your mom and dad wearing helmets in the picture, but did not see anything with you and Serena! For the love, do not make me tell you horror stories of not wearing a helmet!!

I miss my bike! This year has been so crazy that I took my bike out only once!! That is sad! I think it is great that you are doing it together as a family. Yay! Ride on! -Suzanne

The Petersen Twins said...

Ya, we all wear helmets. I'm thinkin' about getting knee pads too...

Biking is great! And you guys should bring your bikes down when you come visit. We'll work off all the gravy and pie we eat...