Friday, November 14, 2008

Turtle Head Hike

Tuesday was Veteran's Day with no work and no school. What to do? Answer: Turtle Head hike. Amanda, James, Oliver , Trisha, Chau, Serena and I set off around 10AM for a great 5 mile hike- complete with shifting rocks, elusive trails, and boulder hopping. As we headed for the 'saddle' with James scoping out which trail to take, we were passed by a few hikers. One we named 'stick man' (as he was savvy enough to bring two poles), and the other a woman with only one pole but traveling at almost twice our speed. Both hikers ageing at over sixty years... We asked the woman which trail to take with her reply being "There are many trials." She reminded me of the Oracle from the Matrix...
When we finally made it to the top we wrote on the sign-in book. Serena's comment being "I'm tired, 2.5 mile more?" We also took a few minutes to rest and look at the beautiful view of the Las Vegas valley. The view alone made the 3 hour climb worth it.
Here are a few pics...




3 comments:

Jenice Henrie said...

Looks like fun, but apparently not my kind of fun. San Francisco is more my kind of fun. Let me know a definate day and we are there. I keep saying this, but we never finalize a day. We need to hurry before you guys become house poor.

BTW: Stop losing weight. The thinner you get, the fatter I look. I thought you cared about my feelings. :( Remember it is "all about me".

Suzanne said...

Wow! Look at you 2 go! How fun that hike must have been! I am so impressed! -Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.