Friday, April 10, 2009

Park City

Wow! Park City was so much fun and to think I almost didn't go. We had to wake up at 4:30 to get ready and be at the airport in time but Serena didn't wake me up until 5 and I forgot to set my alarm. I was so stressed out I told her I didn't think I was going to go. [FYI, I've been seriously stressed with school-- stupid thermo!!] "Serena, I'm not going to go. You're just going to yell at me all day, all day..." In classic Serena response she said, "I won't be yelling at you all day because Trish, Oliver, and Julius will be around." Not funny then. Funny now. So with that heartfelt persuasion I decided to go...




The skiing conditions were great! A lot of powder and no wind. After a few runs we split up into two groups: Serena and Trish in one then Oliver, Julius, and I in the other. My confidence in thinking I was tough sh*t and could keep up with Oliver and Julius, was soon tested as we reached the very top of Jupiter, a double black diamond. Suffice to say, we all survived but I was completely worn out! lol
>>>VIDEOS HERE.<<< Everyone else still had plenty of energy and we were off to tubing! Skeptical of how much fun this 'tubing' could be, we bought the $8 single ride tickets. But after the first ride we ran back to the yute and purchased all day passes. It was a riot!

We also went to Olympic Park in hopes of riding the zipline and some wanted to try the bobsled (which can reach up to 80mph and experience 5G's of force!). We also met a 'World Champion' of the luge who was only 15 years old! We took a guided tour to the top of the world's highest altitude ski jumps and the world's fastest bobsled, luge and skeleton track. The K90m and K120m nordic were pretty impressive. The Alf Engen Ski Museum was pretty cool and we got to see the Olympic torch... thingy...

All in all, it was an awesome trip! I'd like to thank Serena for convincing me to go, Julius and Trish for the great photos and videos, and again Oliver for keeping my ego in check!

3 comments:

Jenice Henrie said...

Great pictures. It sounds like you had a great time. I love Park City. You need to try it in the summer, it is great then too.

Suzanne said...

Ok! I am mad!! You come to Salt Lake and you don't even drop a text hello?

I'm feelin the love, feelin the love. I am going to my room to cry on my big pilla!

(Door Slam!)

The Petersen Twins said...

LOL! You're funny. Don't blame me, I wasn't driving. :)
We need to plan something for the summer, for here or there. I have a lot of excuses stocked up for use. Doctors appointment, family reunion, broken car, taking sister to emergency room (which may be legit as I have the need to throttle her sometimes)...